Saturday, 14 April 2012
What’s in my Handbag - Cambridge Satchel
I get a LOT of questions about my purple Cambridge Satchel Company satchel (See here & here for my other articles about the satchel) – and quite a few of them are based on what fits inside it & what I carry around on a day-to-day basis.
Well – here is a breakdown on exactly what I lug around! The contents are as follows:
1. My purple Dell netbook, its tiny enough to carry around easily & big enough to fulfil all my blogging, photo organising & word processing needs.
2. My day-to-day planner. I used to always get a black planner & this year I went all out & bought a pink one with white polka dots. It has everything an obsessive organiser like me needs.
3. Whichever book I am currently reading – at the moment its Destination Unknown by Agatha Christie.
4. My purple Nikon CoolPix camera – since buying an iPhone it doesn’t get anywhere near as much use, but for night time photography it’s the only option!
5. A first aid kit – well sort of, it has tissues, band aids & all manner of quick-fixes.
6. 5 gum. Because bad breath isn’t cool.
7. My entertainment book coupons – I divide them into locations & put them into individual baggies – that way I am always prepared & get super-mega value! A rubber band around them & they sit in my bag awaiting the next delicious meal.
8. My iPhone cases – I alternate between a blue calculator case & a pink cassette tape case – both jelly cases so I don’t break my phone every single time I drop it!
9. My coin purse made out of studded leather.
10. A container with hair bands and bobby pins (for those sunny days that turn disastrous with rain & all manner of fuzzy-hair inducing weather!).
11. iPod & headphones – for when my phone is almost out of battery.
12. My wallet.
13. Coconut sunscreen – because I don’t take chances when it comes to the Australian sun. Also, you can use it as a moisturiser, to tame fly-a-ways or as a perfume replacement (coconut scent is so essentially summer!).
Here is a picture of all of the above placed in the satchel -
I hope you’ve enjoyed this peek into my purse! Feel free to leave any questions you have about the satchels holding capacity in the comments.
Happy weekend! Sunny xx