Sunday, 15 April 2012
Egg Salad Sandwiches
I made these egg sandwiches for my family picnic last week and they were a massive hit. I made loads of them and they were devoured by the hungry people almost instantly. I made mine plain, but I usually add lettuce, alfalfa sprouts or some thinly sliced (and well seasoned) cucumber.
Please excuse my very blue picture - I took a quick picture whilst we were sitting under a tree because I didnt have time to take one before I left my house!
2 tablespoons good quality mayo
2 tablespoons butter
4 drops lemon juice
1 heaped teaspoon chopped chives (adjust to your tastes)
Salt & Pepper
Fresh bread – I use white, but use whatever you prefer
1. Hard boil eggs. I like to put my eggs into cold water and put on high heat for about 7 minutes – this makes the whites hard and the centres still a little soft.
2. Remove eggs from pot and place into ice water for a minute or two until cool enough to handle.
3. Remove the shells and place eggs into a large bowl. Add butter.
4. Using a fork, mash the eggs until you have your desired consistency. I like mine smooth but with some texture to it. Add mayo, chives, lemon juice and some salt + pepper. Mix well and taste. Adjust seasonings and chives if needed.
5. Serve as a sandwich filling on fresh bread with lettuce, alfalfa sprouts or cucumber (or all of the above!).
Make these for your next picnic, luncheon or for a snack! Sunny xx