I saw these cookies on A Beautiful Mess and thought it sounded fantastic so I gave it a whirl. They were a great combination of slightly salty and gorgeously sweet and chocolately! Here's the recipe:
makes 15-20 (more if you make the biscuits smaller)
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
plenty of Nutella
1. Cream together the butter and sugars, stir in egg and vanilla.
2. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. The batter should be crumbly and you will probably need to use your (clean) hands to combine it a bit more to form a dough ball. Cover in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes (I found mine were fine and didn't need the fridge time!)
3. Now form teaspoon amounts into small round balls. You want your cookies to all sort of match each other in size because you will be placing one of top of another to form sandwich cookies.
4. Bake at 160C (350 F) for about 15 minutes, allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before adding filling.
5. Once cool, spoon a teaspoon of Nutella on one cookie and place another on top.
I took a box to work and sent Dale home with a container full as well to remove the temptation to eat all of them at once! These are best served with a big glass of milk!