125g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temperature
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons Chai powder - I use Arcadia Vanilla Chai
1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
1/2 cup chocolate chips of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, chai powder and vanilla in a small bowl until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Sift the flour and baking powder over butter mixture. Add milk and stir until just combined.
3. Add your chocolate and nuts. Using hands, knead the dough to evenly distribute.
4. Using 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture at a time, roll mixture into balls. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Using a fork, flatten biscuits slightly (allow room for spreading).
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden. Allow biscuits to cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Serve to happy people with big glasses of milk or hot chocolate!
The great thing about this recipe is you can swap the choc chips & nuts for just about anything, creating as many flavour combinations as your imagination will allow!
x Sunny x