Saturday, 26 February 2011
This month was one of my best friend's birthdays. So in celebration I made her some pokeball cupcakes! Please excuse my crappy middle-of-the-night-phone-camera photography!
They were very simple to make. Here's how:
1. Make some regular vanilla cupcakes
2. Whip up some buttercream icing and colour half red, leaving the other half white. Gel colours are nest as a liquid will make your icing runny.
3. Ice half the cupcake with the white icing. If you have time, put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Ice the other half of the cupcakes red. Leave in the fridge for another 20 minutes.
5. Melt some dark chocolate in the microwave. Put into a piping bag and pipe a straight line down the cupcake where the colours meet.
6. Place a round white lolly (I used koolmints) on top and pipe melted chocolate around it to keep it secure.
This recipe also works really well with BIG cupcakes, so when making the cupcakes try to fill the patty cases 3/4 of the way up before baking.
x Sunny x