2. If you're a guy, shave. Imagine kissing a woman who has sandpaper on her face. It's not pleasant. In the 1962 movie Lolita James Mason says "All the best people shave twice a day". That is something I will definitely be teaching my sons.
3. Wash your face. Someone is going to be up close and personal with your skin, make sure it is as smooth & pleasant smelling as possible.
4. Wear perfume/cologne. But don't bathe in it! The best method is to spray it a couple times in the air in front of you & then walk into it. Don't ever spray perfume/cologne onto your clothes, always on to your skin.
5. Grooming – eyebrows tidy & any unwanted facial hair gone. Lips should be smooth & soft.
6. Make sure you are attracted to the person, mutual attraction is essential to a great kiss.
As the kiss approaches:
1. Do not jump the person. No one likes to be taken by surprise, especially if it's the first kiss.
2. Relax. And I mean it. So many people trip themselves up simply because they over think it or they worry too much. It will all be fine so just calm down!
3. Make eye contact & smile at your partner. However, don't get a serial killer look going, just a natural smile and be your regular charming self.
4. As Will Smith said in Hitch "Come 90% and let the other person come the last 10%". After all, you have to make them work for it!